Saturday, June 6, 2015

Video Card Problems, Need An Upgrade


My gaming on the PC is kind of at a stand still at the moment. I'm needing to save up some money to upgrade my video card. I've been trying to play Alien: Isolation and Dead Space 3, but every time I get into those games my screen goes black but PC is still running and sound is still going. I suspect that it's because of a faulty video card and currently looking at two possible upgrades.

I currently have a XFX Black Edition Radeon HD 7770. I'm looking at either a Sapphire Radeon R9 270 for $174.99 or a ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti for $141.66. I know both cards aren't the best on the market, but they're within my budget range. I'm not going to buy one until I can figure out which one I want the most. I'm sure they are both a pretty good upgrade from a Radeon 7770.

I have been playing a little bit of the PlayStation 3. I noticed that The Unfinished Swan was one of the PlayStation Plus free games for the month of May. I've been playing that game, once I finish it, I'll be posting a review of it on here. I'll probably play some more console games until the PC problem is resolved.

- Mathew D. Clemens

No comments: