Saturday, June 20, 2015

A New Doom

During the Bethesda conference at E3 2015, a new Doom was officially announced. This got me very excited. I love playing the Doom games. It's one of the few games that got me into gaming in the first place. It's also the game that got me in trouble a lot in middle school and high school. From watching some gameplay footage shown during the conference, the game looks amazing. Just like any other Doom game, the weapons are just to die for.


One of the cool things that Bethesda is introducing with the new Doom game is a map editing software where one can create a map and share it. The maps you can edit will be added on to the multiplayer arena where other players can experience your creation. The map editor for Doom is called Snapmap. I feel this is a really nice touch to modernize Doom. I can't wait to get my hands onto the map editor to create an arena to later play with my friends.

During the conference, Bethesda announced that the new Doom will be for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Coming out sometime in 2016. If you are like me, you just want to get this game right now. If you are interested in seeing a trailer for the multiplayer, click here. If you want to see the full Bethesda conference, click here. If you want to see the amazing single player campaign footage, click here. Keep an eye out for more Doom posts. As soon as I learn more about it, I'll be posting it here on the game blog.

No comments: